I sit here in the pre-dawn morn,
The day beginning to be born—
Light from darkness, yet still I know
The dark is oft where new seeds grow,
And get their humble hopeful start
In secret chambers of my heart.
I’ve known this frequency so long,
Yet now just picking up the song
That springs forth from that earthly place
Deep inside, and with fecund grace
I hear your melody, a strain,
And find familiar the refrain.
At once amazed, and yet in sync
I fall in tune and deeply drink
This water which sings lyrical
Of life’s most common miracle.
And full for now, I simply rest
And watch the flower manifest.
With this illusion we call time
Unknown is often the next rhyme.
Content to wait, we both are held
In the good earth as stanzas meld
Into one symphony, our own,
One baptized as “Mi Corazón.”
The day beginning to be born—
Light from darkness, yet still I know
The dark is oft where new seeds grow,
And get their humble hopeful start
In secret chambers of my heart.
I’ve known this frequency so long,
Yet now just picking up the song
That springs forth from that earthly place
Deep inside, and with fecund grace
I hear your melody, a strain,
And find familiar the refrain.
At once amazed, and yet in sync
I fall in tune and deeply drink
This water which sings lyrical
Of life’s most common miracle.
And full for now, I simply rest
And watch the flower manifest.
With this illusion we call time
Unknown is often the next rhyme.
Content to wait, we both are held
In the good earth as stanzas meld
Into one symphony, our own,
One baptized as “Mi Corazón.”


0 comments:
Post a Comment