So, over last week, the caterpillars disappeared a few at a time, before all the parsley was eaten up. I never saw them crawling away, so I feared that our caterpillar's all-you-can-eat parsley buffet had become a bird's all-you-can-eat caterpillar buffet. Which is the way of things, I suppose. I have yet to become an active bird feeder, although along with the squirrels they find a lot in our yard to keep them around.
However, at least one has survived and is well on its way to butterfly-dom. Steve noticed one of the caterpillars hanging from the side of the house one day, and within a day or two it had chrysalized (is that a word?). It's pretty small--it seems about half the size that the caterpillars were. I will keep you updated on its progress! 
Retiring this blog
5 years ago


2 comments:
I want to crawl in with that catapillar myself and come out looking lovely.
What are you talking about? You're stunning! (Don't straighten your hair, PLEASE!!)
Post a Comment