The word "fabulous" has been coming up a lot in the past few days. I'm not going to waste a good mood by not sharing it, so here I am.
Tonight hubby and I went to a fabulous house concert (thanks, Ruth!) tonight in Hartwood featuring the World Jam Club. Great music, superb company (conveniently a lot of my friends were there), excellent food (potluck with style), a beautiful location (thanks Bill!), a little cha-cha dancing, and cozy conversation. I got tons of compliments on my outfit, necklace, and legs! (A special shout-out to my new fashion guru Lara, who went shopping with me on Thursday.) I'm tired, my feet hurt, but what a great evening! 
Later today I'll head down to the beach for my self-prescribed retreat. I'm staying with my friend Hope (how appropriate is that?) and after a week, I'll visit my folks for a few days before returning home. It's long overdue time to do something fun for myself and take some time to look within. A friend reminded me tonight that I am equipped with everything I need--inside. I just need to be able to see it again. It's great to be surrounded by so many people who can see and who remind me when it's not so clear to me.
Retiring this blog
4 years ago


2 comments:
You did look fabulous last night. That blue is your color. Enjoy your trip! It sounds like fun.
Yes, thank the gods for "fashion guru" friends (for me it's my friend Donna and my shopaholic daughter). If not for mine, I'd wear jeans and drab-colored t-shirts year round.
Post a Comment